- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups Koala Crisp cereal
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cherries
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large ungreased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cereal and cherries. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add honey and cinnamon; cook and stir until heated through. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 10 cups.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Snack Mix
"My daughter loved this. She has severe food allergies, including wheat and dairy, so I substituted the butter with dairy free (vegan) buttery stick. I also used corn chex, raisins, GF pretzels in addition to the popcorn. I ended up baking it for 12 min rather than 15 since I started to smell the honey burning. Great snack and better than the store bought Chex mix. Will definitely make it again."
"I loved this recipe, but I couldn't find Koala Crisp cereal. So I substituted Rice Chex. I was making this for gf friends, but I loved it! Super easy and delicious!"
"I loved this recipe, but I couldn't find Koala Crisp cereal. So I substituted Rice Chex. I was maing this for gf friends, but I loved it! Super easy and delicious!"
"To give it a chunch add some nuts either pecans or almonds too."
"Wow!!! I can't wait to try this. It sounds gr8!!!!!"