- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup warm fat-free milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2-1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grease a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan and sprinkle with gluten-free flour; set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the eggs, oil, vinegar and yeast mixture. Gradually beat in the flour, xanthan gum, gelatin and salt. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. (Dough will be softer than yeast bread dough with gluten.)
- Transfer to prepared pan. Smooth the top with a wet spatula. Cover and let rise in a warm place until dough reaches the top of pan, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes; cover loosely with foil. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
Sort By :
"tried this bread. the batter was very dense. I followed the recipe exactly. What could have gone wrong?"
"Thank u so much for this recipe! We are new to gluten-free and this recipe was so easy and tasty! Woohoo! Now my son can indulge in the simple pleasure of a sandwich again."
"It is a very good loaf of bread and will make again. I will eliminate the gelatin next time as it is very moist, prefer a little dryer. Gave it a 4 for that reason but all in all I liked it and easy to make."
"This bread tastes fantastic and slices wonderfully! Thank you for this recipe. I live at high elevation and had some trouble with the bread not rising well the first 2 times I made it. Today I bumped the yeast up to 1.5 packets of yeast and added 1 Tablespoon more sugar. It worked like a charm."
"Love it! We have tried several recipes for gluten free bread and so far this one is the easiest one that comes out great. Moist and good flavor."