- 1 tablespoon Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 2/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups brown rice flour
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the tapioca flour, milk powder, xanthan gum, gelatin, Italian seasoning, vinegar, oil, salt, sugar and 2/3 cup brown rice flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining brown rice flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Add toppings of your choice. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and toppings are lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
Sort By :
"Looks like a pretty good crust recipe. I think I may try it for making bread sticks also. If you need to avoid dairy, just skip the dry milk powder and replace the water with rice or almond milk. If you do not want to use gelatin and need to avoid eggs, you can use agar agar. This is a seaweed product that you can substitute for unflavored gelatin measure for measure. Most food co-ops carry it, and there are several vendors on Amazon who offer it as well. (It is also the gelling product used in vegan fruit jello-type desserts.)"
"Finally!!!! I have struggled with finding a good pizza crust for 5 years and finally found this one it is the best. I substituted the egg for the gelatin also. I also just wet my fingers and press it into the greased pie pan. It is soft and chewy just like wheat based pizza crust!"
"This sounds really good, but just wondering, is there anything I could substitute for the yeast? Thanks!!"
"We made this tonight for the first time and the kids loved it! We have only 2 members of the family that are gluten free, but everyone said it was the best we had made so far. I did substitute an egg for the gelatin as the other reviewers suggested and it turned out soft on the inside and crusty on the outside! I didn't have any dairy free powdered milk so I substituted part of the warm water with warm rice milk. It tasted great! We also had to double the recipe to feed our 6 person family. I will definitely be keeping this recipe and using it frequently. Thank you!"
"Best gluten free pizza recipe ever! I used Gluten free Mama's Almond flour blend and 2 eggs And 1/4 c more flour and no gelatin."