Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Recipe
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups brown rice flour
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the tapioca flour, milk powder, xanthan gum, gelatin, Italian seasoning, vinegar, oil, salt, sugar and 2/3 cup brown rice flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining brown rice flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Add toppings of your choice. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and toppings are lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1/6 of crust (calculated without toppings) equals 142 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.