“Here’s a delicious pumpkin cake for the holidays. But don’t just bake it then—it’s wonderful all year long!” Kathy Rairigh - Milford, Indiana
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, egg whites, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and pie spice; reserve 1/4 cup for topping. Gradually beat remaining mixture into pumpkin mixture until blended. Spread batter into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved flour mixture. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Pecan Pumpkin Cake in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p17
Reviews for Gluten-Free Pecan Pumpkin Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review