Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe
I converted these blondies to be gluten-free so that my family could enjoy a comforting dessert. We were really craving brownies one night, and this cakelike treat hit the spot! —Becky Klope, Loudonville, New York
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugars and applesauce. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- 2. Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 servings.
1 bar equals 176 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blondies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC