Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chip Bars Recipe
“With two busy boys who would rather move around than sit and eat, I needed a gluten-free, hearty, hand-held treat that could double as a quick breakfast, brunch, lunch or snack. This is a favorite of theirs, and I can change it up to accommodate ingredients I have on hand.” —Susan James, Cokato, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3-4 medium)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup gluten-free butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and eggs until well blended. Add bananas, peanut butter and salt until blended. Stir in the oats, butterscotch and chocolate chips.
- 2. Spread batter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 179 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC