Whether you eat a gluten-free diet or not, you'll delight in every bite of this creamy treat that's accented with subtle notes of Kahlua. —Melissa McCrady, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 cup gluten-free cornflakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, melted
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- Combine cornflake crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, Kahlua and gelatin mixture until blended. Gently fold in whipped topping; pour over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate; garnish with raspberries and mint leaves if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Kahlua Dessert in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p63
Reviews for Gluten-Free Kahlua Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review