Gluten-Free Kahlua Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup gluten-free cornflakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, melted
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- 1. Combine cornflake crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, Kahlua and gelatin mixture until blended. Gently fold in whipped topping; pour over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Drizzle with melted chocolate; garnish with raspberries and mint leaves if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece (calculated without raspberries) equals 217 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.