Gluten-Free Grilled Flank Steak Recipe
- 3/4 cup gluten-free reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- 3 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce and thyme. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 4. To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 234 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Grilled Flank Steak
"This steak was tender and tasty. I would definitely make it again."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.