- 3/4 cup gluten-free reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- 3 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce and thyme. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- To serve, thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Grilled Flank Steak in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p63
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Grilled Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2013
"This steak was tender and tasty. I would definitely make it again."