Gluten-Free Grilled Burgers Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- Sliced tomatoes, lettuce leaves and sliced onions, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve with the tomatoes, lettuce and onions if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 burger (calculated without tomatoes, lettuce and onions) equals 224 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.