Gluten-Free Grilled Burgers Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- Sliced tomatoes, lettuce leaves and sliced onions, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve with the tomatoes, lettuce and onions if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 224 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 3 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Grilled Burgers
"I'm confused, meat is naturally gluten-free so why all the additions? This seems more like a meatloaf and from reading the reviews, seems like a better way to cook the mixture. We make patty pure beef ourselves and sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs de provence for the best grilled burgers! No mix-ins needed."
"Not impressed. The burgers fell apart way too easily, even when cooked the day they were prepared. We froze the extras, and freezing made them more apt to fall apart."
"Thank you for this recipe! My dad is gluten intolerant and it can be hard to find good tasting recipes to make for him!~Cakegirl20~"
"Where are the ingredients?"
"Yes, long grain rice is gluten free"
"Is long grain rice gluten free?"
"May need more flour or even cornstarch until the burgers hold together. Sometimes the texture is tricky depending on the beef and moisture in other ingredients. The burgers do need to be quite stiff before they don't fall apart on the grill.Peggy"
"Followed recipe to the "T". Grilled for over 10 minutes on the first side (not done at the 5 or 6 min. interval) and never got to the second side...every one fell into pieces as I tried to flip them. Great taste though..mixed some BBQ sauce with the remainder and made sloppy joes with it...not bad...any advice would be helpful Peggy. Thanks, Jim"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.