Gluten-Free Grilled Burgers Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- Sliced tomatoes, lettuce leaves and sliced onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve with the tomatoes, lettuce and onions if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Grilled Burgers
Sort By :
"I'm confused, meat is naturally gluten-free so why all the additions? This seems more like a meatloaf and from reading the reviews, seems like a better way to cook the mixture. We make patty pure beef ourselves and sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs de provence for the best grilled burgers! No mix-ins needed."
"Not impressed. The burgers fell apart way too easily, even when cooked the day they were prepared. We froze the extras, and freezing made them more apt to fall apart."
"Thank you for this recipe! My dad is gluten intolerant and it can be hard to find good tasting recipes to make for him!~Cakegirl20~"
"Where are the ingredients?"
"Yes, long grain rice is gluten free"