No way did I want to give up juicy, delicious hamburgers when I learned that I needed to eat gluten-free. I made a few adjustments to my recipe to meet the requirements—and the family has also given these tasty burgers their hearty approval. —Peggy Gwillim, Strasbourg, Saskatchewan
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- Sliced tomatoes, lettuce leaves and sliced onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve with the tomatoes, lettuce and onions if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p43
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Grilled Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review