Gluten-Free Dredged Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Gluten-Free Flour Mixture, divided (recipe also on this page)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour mixture, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chops in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Sprinkle with sage and rosemary; remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute onion in pan drippings. Combine remaining flour mixture and juice until smooth. Stir into skillet; add nuts. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 309 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer