When used with the Gluten-Free Flour Mix, this dredged pork chop recipe from our Test Kitchen will get rave reviews from those living a gluten-free lifestyle and those who aren't. The thick, savory sauce keeps the chops moist and juicy.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Gluten-Free Flour Mixture, divided (recipe also on this page)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour mixture, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Sprinkle with sage and rosemary; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in pan drippings. Combine remaining flour mixture and juice until smooth. Stir into skillet; add nuts. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Dredged Pork Chops in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p12
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Gluten-Free Dredged Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review