- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Gluten-Free Flour Mixture, divided (recipe also on this page)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour mixture, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Sprinkle with sage and rosemary; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in pan drippings. Combine remaining flour mixture and juice until smooth. Stir into skillet; add nuts. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Gluten-Free Dredged Pork Chops
"This is a fantastic recipe! The gluten free flour browned nicely to create a good crispiness that paired well with the sweetness of the onions and apple juice in the sauce. I'll be putting this in my regular recipe rotation."
"This was really yummy and moist. Will make again! I did use regular flour."
"Do you have e-mail that someone could e-mail it to you?"
"I subscribe to several of the mags, but it won't let me on to view this recipe.Oh, well. Margaret"