Serve these muffins warm with butter, honey or even salsa! Reheat leftovers in foil in the oven...if there are any! —Laura Fall-Sutton, Buhl, Idaho
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended. Combine the cornmeal, amaranth flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Stir in corn and cheese.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use foil liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Cornmeal Muffins in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p62
Reviews for Gluten-Free Cornmeal Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2011
"I have two people in my family (daughter and granddaughter) that are wheat intolerant. Both of them loved this recipe. I made it for Thanksgiving so they could have bread and everyone else ate them too."