- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended. Combine the cornmeal, amaranth flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Stir in corn and cheese.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use foil liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Cornmeal Muffins in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p62
Reviews for Gluten-Free Cornmeal Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2011
I have two people in my family (daughter and granddaughter) that are wheat intolerant. Both of them loved this recipe. I made it for Thanksgiving so they could have bread and everyone else ate them too.