Gluten-Free Chocolate Snack Mix Recipe
Being gluten-intolerant, I experiment with a lot of recipes. This sweet snack is fun for kids and adults alike! —Angela Buchanan, Longmont, Colorado
- 5 cups Chocolate Chex
- 4 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup dried banana chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, cashews and banana chips. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Add the coconut, honey, cocoa, extract and cinnamon; stir until blended. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
1/2 cup equals 182 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Chocolate Snack Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC