Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Both my boys have food allergies and really love these cupcakes! Because it’s easy and budget-friendly, I grind whole oats in my blender, just pulsing until they’re flour. —Desiree Glanzer, Carpenter, South Dakota
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 187 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC