- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
"Can use soymilk in place of buttermilk and fat-free milk. Also you can use cooking oil in place of butter or dairy free butter."
"I would rate this recipe with a 5 star. It was very good!"
"This is a "regular" muffin in our house! They never last very long. The 1st time I made them didn't have the buckwheat flour so used sorghum flour instead, they were very good so that is what I use all the time. My husband eats GF even though he doesn't need to, says it is just as good as what we used to eat!Sharon"
"I would need this recipe to be Dairy Free as well as Gluten Free - anyone willing to experiment and post the recipe?"