Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins(12)
Sort By :
Can use soymilk in place of buttermilk and fat-free milk. Also you can use cooking oil in place of butter or dairy free butter.
I would rate this recipe with a 5 star. It was very good!
This is a "regular" muffin in our house! They never last very long. The 1st time I made them didn't have the buckwheat flour so used sorghum flour instead, they were very good so that is what I use all the time. My husband eats GF even though he doesn't need to, says it is just as good as what we used to eat!
I would need this recipe to be Dairy Free as well as Gluten Free - anyone willing to experiment and post the recipe?