Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Cookies Recipe
I need to avoid gluten and have tried transforming my favorite recipes to fit my diet. I came up with these cakelike cookies, and no one ever guesses that they’re gluten-free.
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. Stir in egg whites and coffee liqueur until batter resembles frosting. Add walnuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 10-14 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie: 82 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC