- well blended. Combine the rice flour, potato starch, soy flour,
- baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum, ginger and salt; gradually beat
- into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in carrots and coconut.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, orange peel and vanilla; beat
- until smooth. Spread over top of cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield:
- 20 servings.
Editor’s Note: Read all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company. This recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 287 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.