- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, optional
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the beans, egg whites, egg, coffee granules if desired, oil and vanilla in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, baking powder and salt; add to bean mixture. Cover and process until combined. Gradually add the chocolate; process until blended.
- Pour batter into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Brownies
Sort By :
"This was my first attempt at g-f brownies and was excellent! I replaced the three egg whites/one egg with two whole eggs and it turned out great."
"This was surprisingly delish! I substituted black beans instead of the garbanzo beans; coconut oil instead of canola oil; 3 eggs instead of 3 white and 1 egg; and 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 of sugar blend with stevia. I think it is awesome! Try it...you might be surprised!"
"This was my first attempt at baking a gluten free desset for my friends. They absolutely loved it and couldn't believe it was gluten free."
"My nieces love these!"
"Fantastic recipe! Very fudgy and tasty. I used Instant French Vanilla coffee granules and it was great. Had some friends at work try it and they thought it to be very good and fudgy - quite shocked when I told them that it was made with Garbanzo beans and no flour."