These cheese-filled, berry-topped blintzes taste just as mouthwatering and special as they look. Enjoy! Laura Fall-Sutton - Buhl, Idaho
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups each fresh blueberries and raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs and butter. Combine the flour and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Stir crepe batter; pour 2 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet with cooking spray as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a blender, cover and process cheeses until smooth. Add sugar and extract; pulse until combined. Spread a scant 1 tablespoonful onto each crepe. Fold opposite sides of crepe over filling, forming a little bundle.
- Place seam side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve topped with berries and dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Breakfast Blintzes in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p11
Reviews for Gluten-Free Breakfast Blintzes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review