Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Muffins Recipe
“I’ve been cooking gluten-free since 2003, when my husband was diagnosed with celiac disease. Over the years, I’ve managed to perfect some recipes so that when family and friends join us, they can’t tell they’re eating gluten-free. This is one of those recipes…and excellent!” —Trish Pannell, College Station, Texas
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
1 muffin equals 148 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC