Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Muffins
Sort By :
"Everyone in my family loves these! I use coconut oil and only 1/4 cup sugar. I used organic cinnamon applesauce which is why I cut back the sugar. These are very moist and quick and easy to make."
"These are quite good but they stick to the muffin papers more than traditional muffins do. Any advice on the best way to handle this is welcome."
"My family is just being introduced to gluten free baking this week. Other than substituting coconut oil for the canola oil - I follow this recipe to the T. My family raved about how delicious it was. My 13 year old grandson kept sneaking muffins through out the day, he love them so much! lol That alone should be enough to convince someone how great this recipe is. My daughter who is diagnosed with Celiac disease loved the flavor and texture, and she isn't a muffin eater. Just try it - you'll like it!"
"These muffins are very moist with a very appealing texture. I substituted organic coconut oil for the canola oil - turned out great!"