Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rice milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Maple syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the rice milk, applesauce, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in bananas and chocolate chips if desired.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 12 pancakes.
2 pancakes (calculated without chocolate chips and syrup) equals 173 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.