Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rice milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Maple syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the rice milk, applesauce, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in bananas and chocolate chips if desired.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 12 pancakes.
2 each: 173 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes
"They turned out mushy and raw in the middle, no matter how long I cooked them. I added1 cup of rice flour and a half cup more milk, and that did the trick to make them edible. They were great after I made the additions."
"They were gooey and very unappetizing. No matter how long I cooked them."
"excellent. best banana pancakes ever. we added crushed pecans for a great crunch. definitely making these again!"
"Wow! These are the top banana! Seriously. Thanks for publishing this one. It's so tasty. I might try a few other fruits to switch it up a little now and then."