“When one of my sons and I had to change to a gluten-free diet, I searched for recipes that tasted great. These pancakes are low-cal, as well. I cook extras and freeze them. Then, when I’m short on time, I toss a couple in the toaster. You’ll love the fluffy texture and the chocolate.” —Sharen Gustafson, South Lyon, Michigan
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rice milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the rice milk, applesauce, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in bananas and chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p58
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review