You don't have to be gluten-intolerant to appreciate the sweet flavor of grains and bananas in these delectable muffins. —gingerlemongirl, Tasteofhome.com Community
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flours, flax, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Banana Nut Muffins in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p11
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Nut Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review