Gluten-Free Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flours, flax, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 191 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Nut Muffins
"Fantastic gf banana muffins - I'm passing on this recipe to my mother it's so wonderful!"
"These are wonderful light and fluffy muffins with excellent flavor. I have had a lot of trouble with gluten free recipes and this one is a sure thing."
"What is xanthan gum??? What can you substitute instead. Also, what flours can you use instead of the three listed?????"
"These muffins were delicious and o so light! I used a cup and a half of GF mix instead of the 3 separate flours. And I also added a package of plain gelatin to the dry ingredients to help with holding everything together. I would definitely make these again. Thanks for the recipe!"