- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Sort By :
"I'm not gluten free, but I wanted to try a gluten free recipe and settled with this one. I halved the original recipe and baked just one loaf. I also added 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. At first, just looking at the texture of a slice, I thought I wouldn't like it at all. But, I tried it and it tasted great! It was moist, and the flavors are spot on."
"Can this recipe be cut in half? If so would you use1/2 tsp baking soda? I just want to make the 1 loaf just to try it."
"Really tasty; even my friends who can have gluten love it!"
"This recipe makes fantastic banana bread. My mom always used spices in her banana bread so I added 1tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cloves and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. I used coconut butter instead of the oil. It turned out great, moist and delicious. It did not leave that dry mouth (need a drink now) feeling like most gluten-free baked goods leave. I loved it! My husband loves it too and he is not gluten-free. Thank you so much for this recipe! A+. And thanks to my daughter in law for asking me to find a gluten-free banana bread recipe she could use for her Girl Scout troop. My search led me here! The girls are going to love it!"
"I agree with everyone else. This recipe is fabulous moist and delicious! People will not think it is gluten free. I used pecans instead of walnuts because that's what I had on hand."