- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
"Absolutely delicious. Followed the recipe to the letter. Awesome!!!!"
"Really enjoyed it! I didn't have apple sauce so I used greek yogurt and extra vanilla. Still turned out great!"
"Excellent recipe - tastes great! We did make a couple changes to accommodate our ingredients and our taste. We had homemade sweetened applesauce, so we cut the amount of sure in half. We doubled the vanilla because we like vanilla. No nuts this time. Perhaps next time we will add in dried cranberries or raisins."
"Both my fiancee, and her friend, both raved about this banana bread recipe! My fiancee has Celiac, and her friend (who doesn't have it), said it's the best banana bread they've ever tried! Not only that, they couldn't believe it was gluten free! Thank you, Taste of Home!"
"Excellent recipe. I increased oil to half cup because I had no applesauce. Of course it would be healthier with the applesauce!"