- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Sort By :
"This is the best homemade banana bread I have made, regular or gluten free. My 23 year old daughter, who has to eat gluten free, was like a little kid because I used to make regular all the time and she's been craving a good gf recipe. It looks like we've found a keeper! She and my husband absolutely loved it. I will be using this recipe from now on. Thank you for sharing!"
"Excellent, would not change a thing!"
"Awesome! Super moist. You would never know these are gluten free."
"...too much wet mixture bread comes out soggy"
"Made this and used Egg Replacer as we have egg allergies. It was AWESOME! Fabulous recipe! Used King Arthur Gluten Free flour and Bob's Red Mill egg replacer. I halved the sugar to 1/2 cup and it was still plenty sweet. I may cut it down to 1/4 next time and see how sweet it is."