Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread(82)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe to introduce people to how delicious gluten free can be. Be careful though, when this is fresh out of the oven some might lose control!
This was amazing! Instead of prepared applesauce; I vitamixed a small apple (1/2+ cup) and added 6 med bananas (about 2 1/2 cups). Substituted coconut oil instead of canola. 3/4 cup walnuts and omitted vanilla. Between the 5 of us and grandma visiting; it was gone in 2 days. Today I am going to do the same but substitute the apple with raspberry. I may substitute half the flour out with almond meal or coconut flour... we'll see. Thank you!
My entire family LOVED it!!! I substituted coconut oil for canola & agave nectar for sugar to make it a cleaner version :)
Usually I don't condone reviewing a recipe if I have adjusted it in any way, but this one is so adaptable, I decided to go ahead. I helped my son make this. We only had 2 bananas so we halved the recipe and swapped out canola for coconut oil. More calories, but everyone is saying it's good for autism so I am having him use it whenever possible. Anyway the bread was moist and delicious. My husband, who is notoriously fussy, called it "lethal" because he didn't want to stop eating. We won't be cutting this recipe in half next time!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Banana Bread Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Gluten-Free Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >