- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
"this is the best bread ever :)!!!!!!!! very fluffy"
"I am amazed. I have experimented with many banana bread recipes and this one is by far the best."
"We were totally impressed with this GF banana bread recipe. It is almost impossible to get a soft, non crumbly bread recipe using GF flour. This one is superb! I did not have any applesauce so I used same amount of apple butter in place of applesauce. Delicious! Thank you so much for this recipe Five Stars for sure"
"Just made this following the recipe with no modifications. The bread is awesome. Could not tell that it was gf. Next time I plan to substitute part of the sugar for stevia."
"Absolutely delicious. Followed the recipe to the letter. Awesome!!!!"
"Really enjoyed it! I didn't have apple sauce so I used greek yogurt and extra vanilla. Still turned out great!"
"Excellent recipe - tastes great! We did make a couple changes to accommodate our ingredients and our taste. We had homemade sweetened applesauce, so we cut the amount of sure in half. We doubled the vanilla because we like vanilla. No nuts this time. Perhaps next time we will add in dried cranberries or raisins."
"Excellent recipe. I increased oil to half cup because I had no applesauce. Of course it would be healthier with the applesauce!"
"This is a GREAT recipe. I own a B&B so occasionally I need to come up with something for GF guests and this particular guest is also dairy free, so this recipe was exactly what I needed. I made 1/4 of the recipe and baked it as muffins and it was absolutely fabulous. only took 15 minutes to bake small muffins and reduced the oven temp to 325. I probably used a little extra apple sauce (made it myself with sliced apples and oil and cooked till soft) and not quite enuf bananas. ANd I had my doubts with it being as wet as it was when it went into the oven, but they rose nicely and browned and were a HIT. She ate 3 muffins and all week had not been eating much of anything I had made!!! THANK YOUand I left out the nuts but I'm sure that would have been fine."