Gluten-Free Banana Bread
A lot of gluten-free baked goods are dry and crumbly, but this one tastes like the real thing. I hope you try it! —Gladys Arnold, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small
- bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 140 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,