Gluten-Free Baked Oatmeal Recipe
This fruity, delicious oatmeal would be so good served with vanilla soy milk. Give it a try! —Jennifer Banyay, NorthRidgeville, Ohio
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, pie spice and salt. Stir in the milk, apple and butter. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain raisins; stir into oat mixture.
- 3. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 275 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC