Gluten-Free Autumn Bread Recipe
This moist, tender loaf has a golden-brown crust and added sweetness from bananas, raisins and carrots. —Christine Levine, Waldorf, Maryland
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the bananas, brown sugar, applesauce, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in the carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice equals 199 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Autumn Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC