- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the bananas, brown sugar, applesauce, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in the carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Gluten-Free Autumn Bread
Sort By :
I love it, but does anyone know if I could use 2 cups of gluten-free all purpose flour instead of the other?
This is a yummy recipe! The second time I made this, I also added a shredded apple along with the carrot and I tossed in a pinch of nutmeg with the cinnamon. I've even replaced the brown sugar with a sugar-free brown sugar subsitute with excellent results. Make it into muffins for a great morning treat. Next time I might try a little crushed pineapple as well. It's a very flexible recipe.
moist, flavorful, and it makes my husband feel a little bit better about not being able to eat gluten or yeast. Even our non-allergic friends rave about this treat!
This bread has all the "fall" flavors. Dense.
I made mini loafs, and frozen them, since I am the only gluten-free person in the house. Although the others liked them too.
My fiance and I love love love this recipe!! Taste is wonderful and Yummy! Deffinitely worth making!