- 2 cups gluten-free biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the water, butter, applesauce and vanilla until blended. Add to the dry ingredients; stir until blended. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a food-safe plastic bag; fill with batter. Pipe into a 6-cavity doughnut pan coated with cooking spray, filling cavities three-fourths full.
- Bake at 325° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, bring apple cider to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in butter until melted. Stir in enough confectioners' sugar to reach glaze consistency. Dip each doughnut halfway, allowing excess to drip off. Place on wire rack; let stand until set. Yield: 10 doughnuts.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts
Sort By :
"This recipe is easy to follow, quick to make, and results in a light and softly textured doughnut."
"I just recently began a gluten free diet (3 weeks) and up until yesterday (Halloween) I was not missing flour?but then my child's school party with dozens of donuts entered my life. It was hard not to stray from the diet that has made me healthy again. I googled gluten free donuts and was brought to this recipe. I have to say hands down this is the most amazing tasting donut I have had in ages. Even my kids like it (ages 15 and 11). You would never know it is a gluten free recipe. I made the recipe as listed and used my baby cakes donut maker. I feel this recipe will now be a consistent snack in our family."
"Great GF doughnut! Love the flavor and easy to make. Made mine in a babycakes doughnut maker which worked perfectly. Rolled mine in a spiced sugar (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, sugar)."
"I do not have a review yet as I was wondering what kind of gluten free biscuit mix was used. This recipe looks great and I am waiting to try it. Thanks for the information."
"COULD YOU USE THE BATTER FOR FUNNEL CAKES?! SOUNDS SO GOOD!!"