Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts Recipe
I wanted to make a gluten-free doughnut that tasted so good, the fact that it’s gluten-free is beside the point! —Kathryn Conrad, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 cups gluten-free biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the water, butter, applesauce and vanilla until blended. Add to the dry ingredients; stir until blended. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 2. Cut a small hole in the corner of a food-safe plastic bag; fill with batter. Pipe into a 6-cavity doughnut pan coated with cooking spray, filling cavities three-fourths full.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4. For glaze, in a small saucepan, bring apple cider to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in butter until melted. Stir in enough confectioners' sugar to reach glaze consistency. Dip each doughnut halfway, allowing excess to drip off. Place on wire rack; let stand until set. Yield: 10 doughnuts.
1 doughnut equals 273 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC