- 1-1/2 cups egg whites (about 10)
- 3/4 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit, optional
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, flours and potato starch together twice; set aside.
- Add cream of tartar, salt and vanilla to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Top with fresh fruit if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Angel Food Cake
Sort By :
Can you freeze it?
I used this recipe to make gluten free angel food cupcakes! They were amazing! I topped them with strawberries and a whipped cream buttercream. I prefer to buy premixed gluten free flours and "Better Batter" worked amazing in this recipe because it had a good mix of tapioca flour, rice flour, and potato starch! So if you don't want to go out and find potato starch and all that, just get Better Batter at a health food store or online and sub it for each flour, a total of 3/4 Cup. :)
Wonderful! I had to go gluten free almost two years ago, and I have missed angel food cake so much! I made this yesterday and my husband, who does not eat gluten free, said that it tastes EXACTLY like regular angel food cake. He is a tough critic, and he had several slices. Very easy recipe to follow, and ingredients that most people that live GF lifestyle have in their kitchen.
Fantastic!! I made one this morning and then another this afternoon!! Both were wonderful! My non gluten-free husband chowed down several pieces--had to hide the rest! Second cake will be used at work tomorrow--if of course I can keep hubby out of it!!!
My family liked it better than a regular angel food cake. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Gluten-Free Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >