“Here’s a wonderful treat everyone in the family can enjoy.” Ideal with milk or tea, these cookies have cinnamon and maple in every crunchy bite.—Jean Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, beat the syrup, oil, water and extract until well blended. Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into syrup mixture until blended. Stir in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Almond Crispies in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p17
Reviews for Gluten-Free Almond Crispies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review