Gluten-Free Almond Cookies
My friend on a gluten-free diet loved these fantastic cookies so much, she had to ask for the recipe! Quick and easy, they taste as good as the decadent treats I make using puff pastry and almond paste. Everyone loves these! —SHERRI COX, LUCASVILLE, OHIO
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat almond paste and sugar until crumbly. Beat in
- egg whites and salt until smooth. Drop by scant tablespoonfuls 1 in.
- apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for
- 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an
- airtight container.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.