Glorified Hot Dogs Recipe
"My parents always made these hot dogs when they barbecued," recalls Cheryl Gillpatrick of Loveland, Colorado. "They were not only a family, but guests liked them, ,too. They're good hot or cold."
- 1 large whole dill pickle (5 inches)
- 1 block (4 ounces) cheddar or Colby cheese
- 8 hot dogs
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 hot dog buns
- Cut pickle lengthwise into eight thin slices. Cut cheese into eight 5-in. x 1/2-in. x 1/4-in. sticks. Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise; spread cut surfaces with mustard. On eight hot dog halves, layer a pickle slice and a cheese stick; top with remaining hot dog halves.
- Place one end of a bacon strip at the end of each hot dog; push a toothpick through the bacon and both hot dog pieces. Firmly wrap bacon around each hot dog and secure at the other end with a toothpick.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until bacon is completely cooked, turning occasionally. Discard toothpicks. Serve in buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Glorified Hot Dogs in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p35
Reviews for Glorified Hot Dogs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2012
And don't call me a wiener! I am not what I eat, but these are a good, as long as you use good quality meat.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Dogs >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >