- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the soup and cream cheese. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and stir until coated.
Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Sprinkle cheddar cheese over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Glorified Hash Browns
"I've made this several times for breakfast meetings. The dish is always licked clean and I always get asked for the recipe."
"Made it for a potluck. Everyone really liked it, and it was so easy to make in the morning before we left for the party."
"The best potatoes ever!"
"I really want to try this recipe but no one in my family likes celery. Do you think I could use cream of mushroom soup instead? Or maybe some of you could suggest something else. Thanks"
"Made this for the hunting party this past weekend. Everyone loved it."
"This is awesome!!! My whole family loved this & gobbled it up! Will definatly make this over & over. YUMMY!!!"
"I did not care for this recipe. The flavor is way too rich for me."
"We love this---very easy to make and it's our favorite with Ribs!!! Also goes great with ham."