You'll be surprised at how quick and easy it is to put together this dressed-up potato casserole! When a friend made it for a church supper, I had to have the recipe. It's great for parties, potlucks and family reunions. -Betty Sitzman, Wray, Colorado
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the soup and cream cheese. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and stir until coated.
Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Sprinkle cheddar cheese over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Glorified Hash Browns in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p31
Reviews for Glorified Hash Browns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review