The dough for these sugar cookies won't spread while baking, making if great for cookie cutters with intricate designs. They can also be drizzled with semisweet chocolate.—Kimberly DeWalt, Horseshoe Bend, Idaho
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Edible glitter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. snowflake cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with edible glitter. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Glittered Snowflake Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p150
Reviews for Glittered Snowflake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review