Glazed Winter Vegetables Recipe
A buttery sweet sauce seasoned with cinnamon coats the russets, sweet potatoes, squash and carrots in this delicious side dish. It goes well with beef, pork, poultry, sausage--just about anything. -Pam Holloway Marion, Louisiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Divide vegetables among four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, water, butter, molasses, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Stir vegetables. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 167 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC