Glazed Vegetable Medley Recipe
Our home economists came up with this recipe to showcase late summer and early fall produce. The slightly sweet glaze coats every delicious piece.
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced and halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. Place parsnips in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the carrots. Cook 7-9 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the zucchini and red pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, melt butter; stir in the brown sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually stir in the water, seasoned salt, lemon-pepper and dill. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the vegetables; stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 118 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC