Fresh sweet potatoes Mom grew disappeared fast at our family table when she served them with this easy, flavorful glaze. She still makes them this way, and now they've become favorites with her grandchildren as well! —Rosemary Pryor, Pasadena, Maryland
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes or 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- If using fresh sweet potatoes, place in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 25-40 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel. Cut into chunks.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes in a 2-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine butter, syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p35
Reviews for Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review