Glazed Stuffed Cornish Hens Recipe
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Dash ground cloves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the croutons, water and butter. Loosely stuff into hens. Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; tie drumsticks together.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil. Spoon half over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Stuffed Cornish Hens
"YUM!!!!! So pretty and they taste as good as they look. The only changes I made was to add some finely chopped onions and celery to the stuffing mix with a pinch of marjoram and sage. Not a lot. The apricot glaze is delectable. These would make a lovely anniversary dinner meal."