Glazed Stuffed Cornish Hens
Cornish hens, basted with a delicious glaze of apricot preserves and cloves, make dinner for two something special. Gusty Crum of Dover, Ohio uses convenient packaged herb stuffing to complement the moist and tender meat.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Dash ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine the croutons, water and butter. Loosely
- stuff into hens. Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan; tie drumsticks together.
- In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Spoon half over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours
- or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for
- stuffing, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 1,275 calories, 67 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 402 mg cholesterol, 2,113 mg sodium, 97 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 72 g protein.