Glazed Stuffed Cornish Hens Recipe
Cornish hens, basted with a delicious glaze of apricot preserves and cloves, make dinner for two something special. Gusty Crum of Dover, Ohio uses convenient packaged herb stuffing to complement the moist and tender meat.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours YIELD:2 servings
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Dash ground cloves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the croutons, water and butter. Loosely stuff into hens. Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; tie drumsticks together.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil. Spoon half over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 1,275 calories, 67 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 402 mg cholesterol, 2,113 mg sodium, 97 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 72 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC