Cornish hens, basted with a delicious glaze of apricot preserves and cloves, make dinner for two something special. Gusty Crum of Dover, Ohio uses convenient packaged herb stuffing to complement the moist and tender meat.
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Dash ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine the croutons, water and butter. Loosely stuff into hens. Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; tie drumsticks together.
- In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil. Spoon half over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Cornish Hens in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p10
Reviews for Glazed Stuffed Cornish Hens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review